Google

Friday, December 28, 2007

To Quote Eleanor Roosevelt

Something lighter.

I had read one quote long time back and was impressed. I did not remember the exact words and whom it was from. Since a few months I was trying to remember it and finally I got it today.

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Said with such brevity, it contains the guiding philosophy I try to have in my life. Of late I have observed that I have started to move from the first and second category to the third category of minds at workplace (though I still stick to first and second category in parallel).
So will be pasting a printout of this next to my workstation and hope it helps.

There are more quotations by Roosevelt many of which have been a part of our lives since yore and I never realised it. Some very inspiring.

Please share your favorite quotes, if possible. Its always a pleasure to read new ones.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, March 21, 2008 1:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stuff going around here.
hope to wander here again sometime and catch up with something as interesting as your other posts

here are some of my favourite quotes

"The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life."
-Albert Einstein

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

munch on...

Smiles :)
-Random Traveller

 
At Saturday, May 08, 2010 1:46:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i heard these lines on 18th Dec.'09 by philosopher and thinker... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home